1D Suggestions for the Next HR Version

Sonya Webb
1. The biggest change that I would recommend is for the shape files to be reflected in geometry “Cross Section Data”.
a. Manning’s values either as a data layer or as Land cover, shown in the cross section editor
b. Same for other shp files (ex property boundary)
2. Allow terrain to show also in the Graphic XS Editor-now it is only shown in the “Cross Section Data”.
a. Allow an option for parts of the terrain to be “Cut from Terrain”, not always the entire section. (similar to how we merge cross sections in Graphic XS Editor)
3. Somehow allow 1D to use land cover and set Manning’s in all cross sections. That would have saved me so many headaches! I have a 1D model with 4 rivers, multiple bridges and inline structures, and 222 XSections.
4. Allow Land Cover in Terrain to have layer properties like the other map layers. I have to import Manning’s as map data layers if I want the text value and boundary lines of the Manning's to show. The colors in Land cover are not helpful for 1d user. Perhaps that is was intended only for input for the 2D.