2D Dam Breach Inundation Model Results Demonstration Video

2D Dam Breach Inundation Model Results Demonstration Video

InundationPete
I am sharing a video showing screen capture using RAS Mapper animation of a HEC-RAS 5.0.3 model in action. I think this video may be useful for people new to 2D HEC-RAS modeling to see what it looks like and how it can be used.  I did not record narration so there is NO audio. This demonstrates the interfaces after the model has been run and the results are available. This video was originally shared at the Kansas SAKW annual meeting in January 2017.  You can view the video at the link below.

Model notes: The terrain utilizes QL-3 LiDAR data.  Standardized Manning's n values were adopted for land cover types in Kansas and are integrated to National Land Cover Data (NLCD) data coverage. Computation cell spacing was 50 feet and computation interval was 2 seconds.  Maximum velocity was 25 ft/s resulting in a Courant number right at 1.0. Peak breach computed with NRCS TR-60 was 45,600 cfs.

https://youtu.be/1vl91p56zzw

DamBreachVideo_YouTube

Re: 2D Dam Breach Inundation Model Results Demonstration Video

cameron
youtube link does not work.

Re: 2D Dam Breach Inundation Model Results Demonstration Video

InundationPete
Sorry.  YouTube setting of unlisted has been changed to public.  Please try again and let me know.  Thanks for the interest.