2D mesh

Ewelina
Hello,

I have got a problem with computing 2D flow areas hydraulic table in the RAS Mapper. I expecta that it won't compute during unsteady flow simulations if it doesn't work in RAS Mapper. The proramme show the follow error:

Unable to compute 2D Flow Area's subgrid face tables: The terrain associated with this geometry does not completely cover the 2D Flow Area. See face #:24096

And I don't have any idea what is wrong with geometry and how to find face 24096. Additionaly terrain area is bigger than 2D flow area.

Thanks for any help.

Ewelina

Re: 2D mesh

cameron
To find a face, right click on the mesh in Mapper and use the "find" option.  How was the terrain created, did you combine data that might have left a gap in it?
MW

Re: 2D mesh

MW
Hi

I've overlaid 3 different terrain files to create one combined 2D mesh.
The final mesh however has small gaps in it which stops the unsteady flow calculations from going through.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

many thanks,

MW

Re: 2D mesh

Keith M
It is not unusual to see small gaps in terrain data, particularly if it is based on LiDAR. A RAS 2D model can still run if there are gaps. However, the error above will be generated if any of the cell faces is located entirely within the gap. This can be addressed by editing the cell such that a portion of each face intersects the terrain data.

Keith