2D tidal and associated flooding

Mark
Hello All,

I have a query regarding the potential for the modelling of tidal flooding.  Can someone point me in the direction of the 2D capabilities when it comes to both tidal flooding (as a head of water) and wave action.

Coupled to this, I wanted to see what the consensus was with using HR as a full solution for tidal/river/surface water flooding given the release of rain-on-grid soon.   I added a separate post on urban modelling related to rain-on-grid so that doesn't need to be answered here.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

Re: 2D tidal and associated flooding

jarvus
RAS does fine for tides for both 1D and 2D.  Generally just extend the 1D river, or the 2D mesh, out into the ocean a little ways and attach a time series stage boundary that represents the tide level.

Not sure what type of wave action you are asking about.

Re: 2D tidal and associated flooding

Mark
Thanks Jarvus

By wave action i mean modelling the impact of wave over-topping (not just a tidal level that steadily fluctuates but the influence of waves on top of the tidal level)?