Assign River and Reach names to new sections from RasMapper

Assign River and Reach names to new sections from RasMapper

Bob Davies
Using Ras 5.06 I loaded up my dem in a 1D RAS model.  I deleted and reoriented a number cross sections in an existing geometry file. This worked flawlessly, hoorah! To run my existing model I am required to assign Reach an River names to the new 6 cross sections.  They come up in the Geometry file as Missing.  How do I assign the appropriate River and Reach (both existing) to my new 6 cross sections from within HECRAS or RASMAPPER?  It is easy to change Section number, banks, n's etc but I need to assign the River and Reach names from my existing model. So just to be clear, I am not creating a new RAS model, I am modifying an existing model.

Thanks

Re: Assign River and Reach names to new sections from RasMapper

Try using Edit...Change Name from the Geometry window.  then click on the reach name on the schematic to change it.  If there's no name to begin with, see if there's a little white spot where the name would go and click on that.  Otherwise, can you change it in the river attributes table in RAS Mapper while in edit mode?