Automate Terrain and LandCover association

Automate Terrain and LandCover association

Tong
Hi Chris and community in large:

I am automating a large number of hec-ras runs using RASController version 503. The workflow is pretty straightforward.

The main issue is the association of geometry and results with a terrain and a land cover dataset. I can certainly do that in the RAS mapper interface, but in the automated runs this is a problem. It seems the association is saved in the geometry hdf file and the plan hdf file, which can only be done through the RAS Mapper interface. Is there a way in RASController to setup the association with Terrain and Landcover?

Re: Automate Terrain and LandCover association

Tong
An update here, I think RAS Mapper will find the first available terrain dataset to associate with geometry. So, that resolve a part of the issue, but still it won't automatically associate with a land cover dataset and it won't automatically associate terrain with results either. So, can RAS Controller do that?

Re: Automate Terrain and LandCover association

Tong
Another update, I was able to programmatically (not using RAS Controller) manipulate the binary file to get both terrain and land cover data association with geometry defined, the last remaining piece is the association of terrain with the results, which seems to be only possible through the ras mapper. Any thought?

Re: Automate Terrain and LandCover association

Tong Zhai
Ok, final update on my own effort, I was able to programmatically (not using RAS Controller) to associate land cover data and terrain with both geometry and results through updating binary files. So, for the moment, my issue has been resolved.

My final question, can RASController do such association setting?

Re: Automate Terrain and LandCover association

Toby
Hi Tong Zhai,

Thanks for sharing this info!  Have you been modifying the *.rasmap file to update your terrain and land class data?

thanks,

Re: Automate Terrain and LandCover association

Ben Rufenacht
As far as I know, there are no controls for RASMapper within RASController.