Background Imagery

JensPK
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with background imagery in the Geometric Data Editor (HEC RAS 5.0). I started a new project and set a projection with a new terrain in RAS Mapper.
If I switch to Geometric Data Editor, I canĀ“t see the terrain to draw a reach along the river. Even if I try to load web imagery or add other layers, the layers are visible in "Select layers to view in background" menu, but nothing happens if I select them.
Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Background Imagery

Mikell Warms
Hi JensPK-

I'm assuming you were successfully able to load the maps in RAS Mapper and that they displayed correctly.

If this is done correctly, open your Geometric Data Editor and save a new blank geometry, and name it whatever you would like. Save the project as well. Reopen RAS Mapper, right click on the bold "Geometries" and make sure that the terrain you have added is associated with the blank geometry you just created.

Save the project, and return to the Geometric Data Editor. Select the terrain layer in the "Select layers to view in background" menu. You may need to 'pan' in your white space to get the terrain to load the first time.

Hope this fixes your issue!

Cheers,
-Mikell

Re: Background Imagery

Lonnie A
Right click in the geometry window and select set schematic plot extents....

Re: Background Imagery

JensPK
Thank you very much!

Re: Background Imagery

Mladen
But what if I want to georeference image? I set "geometry extends", and than add backround picture, but it isn't georeferenced. When I go to "bacground pictures on schematic" and click on "properties" button, it gives me "raster properties" window where I can see background image extents, but I can not chage it. Is there any possibility to do that?

Re: Background Imagery

Mr Smith
I don't know if you solved the problem. But in my case, what I did, was to select features and geometries on RAS MAPPER, and then came back to geometry window, then click on "select layers to view in background" (for a couple times) and suddenly it appeared!! I made all this on the 5.0.7 version by the way. Good luck to everyone

Re: Background Imagery

Michael Link
I was trying to load satellite imagery from RAS mapper into the geometric data editor. The satellite imagery/web mapping service was referenced to my C drive and the model to another drive. The imagery would not load in the geometric editor until I closed and opened RAS a few times. Hope this helps.