Basic 2D modelling, Reference system

Miguel Hernandez
Hi, another simple question. When I set the projection of project, under the tool menu in ras mapper, there is an option: XS River stations. This option is in feet as default. What does this mean? All my project (pure 2D) is in meter. If I change this option is the hydraulic computation affected in any way? Or are just the river stations of 1D XS (which is a sort of xs's name) that change, but the results are the same?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Basic 2D modelling, Reference system

Miguel Hernandez
So, I'm a little bit confused... can this option affect in any case a pure 2D model, or the results of a pure 2D model?

As far as I understand, This option is related only with the 1D simulations (and with the cross sections's name), and has nothing to do whit the units used in computation or in the visualization of the results in Ras-Mapper.

Is my interpretation correct?

Please, anybody can help me to undestand this thing?

Re: Basic 2D modelling, Reference system

Miguel Hernandez
No one?
I understand this may be a stupid question, but the hec manual doesn't say too much about it...

Re: Basic 2D modelling, Reference system

Luis Partida
The projection is used for geo-referencing so that back ground maps align w/ all added features (i.e. shapefiles)

That being said the entire project should always be in the same coordinate system and units. If you select the correct coordinate system then the cross sectional geometry and input and output will all be in the same unit system.