Best Resources to Get Started

Susan M
I've created HEC RAS models prior to moving into management and am wanting to build my skills back up as I move into freelance water resource engineering. I always loved setting up and running the models and it seems it's gotten much more powerful! I'm excited to get back into it!!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a book or online course that would be detailed and comprehensive enough, with example models to play with, to help me get back into the game? I'll need a refresher on the basics to start then get into 2D, sediment transport, GEO RAS, etc.

I appreciate any and all recommendations. Thanks!

Re: Best Resources to Get Started

Jake G
Hi Susan,

The FHWA (2012) publication Hydraulic Design of Safe Bridges provides a great, up-to-date refresher course on 1D and 2D modeling.

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/engineering/hydraulics/library_arc.cfm?pub_number=1&id=153

It's not specific to any particular model, but lays the foundation really well.

Good luck,
Jake G.

Re: Best Resources to Get Started

Susan M