Combine Terrains

lue

Combine Terrains

lue
Hello everyone!

I hope I'm allowed to post this question here, if not, I'm sorry ;)

I'm having trouble combining to tiff-files to a new terrain in the RAS-Mapper (HecRas 5.0.3). I have done several 2D simulations before and also combined terrains.
However, now I have exported the interpolated XS-surface (from my river profiles) as a tiff file, and then - like usual - tried to create a new terrain using the newly created tiff and the original DTM.
Projection & resolution are the same for both tiffs.

Now, when creating the new terrain, importing the tiffs works fine, but the final step

"Final Processing: Terrain_IST.hdf
Step 1 of 3: Creating Terrain_IST.vrt..."

just stops at around 1/5 and does not continue (I left it for like 14hrs, no result).
I have to say the original terrain model is very large (400'000 KB), but still, has anyone experienced the same? Is there a limit to the size of input DTM's? (there shouldn't, since only import the DTM without altering it works)
I can also upload the data somewhere, but as I said, it's really large...

I'd be very thankful If someone has some useful tips about this, starting to be frustrated...

Thanks!
Ben

Re: Combine Terrains

ayoub
Still no answer ? I have the same problem