Creating Terrain File Problem

Damian
Hello, I am using the HEC RAS 5.0.4 and I am trying to create a new terrain layer from a .tif file that I created using GRASS within QGIS.

Whenever I create a new terrain layer with the "Create Stitches" box ticked ON, the terrain files .hdf and .vrt files get created and I can see my terrain is created without any problems in the RAS Mapper but when I exit RAS Mapper and then go back in, my terrain file disappears and my terrain file has an error showing "Error reading terrain file 'c\... .hdf'" and when I double click on the terrain file and then go into "Source Files" my .hdf file does not show up, only the .vrt file shows up.

I have tried restarting my HEC-RAS project, recreating (by deleting and creating a new project) the HEC-RAS project, restarting my PC but nothing fixes it and re-installing HEC-RAS.

However, if I create my terrain file with the "Create Stitches" box ticked OFF, the terrain file is created with no problems and I can exit RAS Mapper and go back in without any problems.

Any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

Re: Creating Terrain File Problem

Michael Pantell
I've been experiencing similar issues today. I submitted a bug report but I have no solution. I would love to hear if anyone comes up with anything.

Re: Creating Terrain File Problem

Juan
Did anyone managed to find a solution for this? I am experiencing the same issue and cannot figure how to solve it.
Regards