Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Chris Naidu
Hey Chris, I know that that precipitation can be added as a time series hydrograph or read from a DSS file. Is there a way to use gridded precipitation so that the 'rain' falls uniformly over the entire 2D mesh as opposed to a point discharge at a certain boundary condition?
Thank you

Re: Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Lonnie A
In the flow editor window as the 2D flow area as a boundary and then assign precip to it. It will distribute the rainfall uniformly over the 2D mesh

Re: Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Chris Naidu
Hey Lonnie, thanks for your input. I'll give it a go!

Re: Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Vimal Chandra Sarma@IIT Hyderabad
Dear Lonnie A,

I am also looking for this solution. Is there any article or document which gives an explanation about the rainfall distribution in hecras 2D. Because when i am looking in user manuals, no where explained about Precipitation as a boundary condition (not in detail). Kindly please update me with the explanation.

Thanks&Regards