Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Chris Naidu
Hey Chris, I know that that precipitation can be added as a time series hydrograph or read from a DSS file. Is there a way to use gridded precipitation so that the 'rain' falls uniformly over the entire 2D mesh as opposed to a point discharge at a certain boundary condition?
Thank you

Re: Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Lonnie A
In the flow editor window as the 2D flow area as a boundary and then assign precip to it. It will distribute the rainfall uniformly over the 2D mesh

Re: Creating a Gridded Precipitation for a 2D Mesh

Chris Naidu
Hey Lonnie, thanks for your input. I'll give it a go!