Culvert overtopped warning

Yair Simonson
I have noticed that when flow overtops a culvert there is consistently a warning which appears as follows:

"Warning: During the culvert inlet control computations, the program could not balance the culvert/weir flow.  The reported inlet energy grade answer may not be valid."

This warning has been occurring in my model. To test my theory I took one of the example culvert models included in hec-ras and set the flow such that it would overtop the culvert. The same warning appeared.

Can someone explain why this warning occurs?
Is there something I can do to get rid of it?
Or is it inherent to situations with overtopped culverts?