Cut line

Roger Hooke
What is the role of the cut line? I can't seem to find anything useful on it in the user's manual. I'm trying to adjust some cross sections by eliminating extraneous points well outside the likely flow boundaries, but I'm asked whether to retain the original cut lines or readjust them, and don't know what choice to make.

Re: Cut line

cameron
the cutline is what cross-section looks like in the plan view.  If you delete points in an XS, you will want to trim the cutline down.  The cutline is used for many things such as helping develop the water surface grids.