Discontinuity is the animation of the Unsteady flow analysis in RAS Mapper

RBH

Discontinuity is the animation of the Unsteady flow analysis in RAS Mapper

RBH
I am somehow new to HEC-RAS. I am running an unsteady flow analysis in HEC-RAS 5.0.
The model is stable but gives an error around 26 m in one of the very downstream cross sections:

"The maximum xsec wsel error was    26.116
RB  LowMain  822.61*  at  12JUN2018 00:05:03
"

When visualizing the results on the RAS Mapper, the animation seems very discontinuous:

How do I solve this issue out?

Thank you.

Re: Discontinuity is the animation of the Unsteady flow analysis in RAS Mapper

cameron
as you zoom in it will look better.

That error is pretty high and could be part of the problem. For dam breaches and 1D unsteady, I usually don't let the error get above 1 ft. That error is saying that it could not get a good solution so it picked a wse value, but it is 26 ft higher than what it thought it was going to be for that particular cross-section.