Displaying velocity vectors in GIS

PB

Displaying velocity vectors in GIS

PB
Does anybody have any experience displaying RAS velocity vectors in GIS? I am familiar with the GIS aspect of this as I have done it with other 2D models, but I am having a hard time finding the right xy vector data in HDFView. Does anybody have any insight?
Thanks ahead of time

Re: Displaying velocity vectors in GIS

cameron
In the latest release of HEC-RAS 5.0, the 2D Vx and Vy values are not created by default (they were in the beta) and need to be turned on in the output options.  Once this is turned on, the outputs will be in the hdf file.
PB

Perfect, thanks Cameron!
Max

Which HDF file? Which table?

Re: Displaying velocity vectors in GIS

cameron
It would be in the p01.hdf file or what ever plan you are running. You would have to dig into the outputs until you get to the velocity.