ERROR - Two lateral structures cannot be connected to the same [2D]

ERROR - Two lateral structures cannot be connected to the same [2D]

SaraA
Hello,

I am trying to run a 1D/2D model (1D river and 2D floodplain area) with the conection of lateral structure LS.

I use the normal 2D equation domain for the LS but I have the following error:

ERROR  WITH LS/2D AREA

Two lateral structures cannot be connected to the same [2D] cell unless
both lateral structures are using the Weir equation.
For the 2D area 2Dleft has a cell (cell #     159)
that has two lateral structures connected with at least one lateral structure
(lateral structure Jalaur_river Jalaur_river 4062.003)
that is using the Normal 2D Equation Domain.  To fix the problem, the LS
can be changed to the Weir equation, or the cell can be split in half, or the
two lateral structures can be combined into a single lateral structure.

Error starting unsteady simulation - Stopping compute process

I think it is very difficult to ensure that two LS does not share the same cell when your 2Dmesh has a small cell size.

Is there anyway to correct this using ArcGIS? or how did you solve this issue?

Thank you,

Sara

Re: ERROR - Two lateral structures cannot be connected to the same [2D]

Duc Ng
Solution is given already.
Divide the cell into two separated smaller cells by adding a point in geometric editor that could help