Error Accepting the preprocessor files

esclyde
This post was updated on .
I don't think this error means what it says:

"For the Hydraulic Structure Breakline(53)
in 2D area Test
there is an error with the model data.
The weir station/elevation extends too far beyond
the last face point.  Shorten the weir stationing
or adjust the cell mesh
Error Accepting the preprocessor files."

This is a structure (levee) in a 2D Flow Area, and I have done all the suggested remedies (shorten weir, adjust cell mesh).  I have similar structures that work just fine.  Any thoughts on ways to figure out what the real problem is?

Re: Error Accepting the preprocessor files

Bharath
HI did u find any solution to this problem ? I seem to get the same.

Re: Error Accepting the preprocessor files

Zechariah S.
I had the same problem when modeling an existing box culvert under a road.  I had 2 breakline running along the top of bank.  If the a cell touched the breakline and the culvert, I would get this error.  I backed the breakline away from the culvert and the error went away.

Hope this helps.

Re: Error Accepting the preprocessor files

Emitzky
Got this same error. To resolve, you need to edit the end coordinates of your storage area connection such that the end point of your connection does not extend farther than the face of the last cell of your connection.

Re: Error Accepting the preprocessor files

Dean
Can you graphically show me what those words mean?

Re: Error Accepting the preprocessor files

Con Katsoulas
I got this error also. I fixed it by clicking on the weir object and selecting "edit internal connection" and then "enforce connection". set a minimum and maximum cell size lower than your grid size and it will line up the weir in a straight line. The error will then go away. the error is caused 'I think' because the initial weir line runs along the face of the grid cells and the weir start and finish points you nominated extend beyond the faces.

Re: Error Accepting the preprocessor files

Francisco
Hi Zechariah:

Could you give more information about how you solved your problem ?

I have the same problem and cannot solve it.

Thanks in advanced.