Error: StackOverflowException / RasGeomWriter.exe Exit Code = -1073741571

Error: StackOverflowException / RasGeomWriter.exe Exit Code = -1073741571

Trevor
Der HEC-Ras community,

I have a problem with my 2d model. As soon as I start the modelling process it prints this error:

Plan: 'Plan 04' (PB_2.p04)
Simulation started at: 18Jul2018 11:00:29 AM
Using 64 Bit Computation Engines

Writing Geometry
Computing 2D Flow Area 'area1' tables: Property tables do not exist.

Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.

Error with program: RasGeomWriter.exe Exit Code = -1073741571

Computations Summary

Computation Task Time(hh:mm:ss)
Completing Geometry(64)      13
Complete Process      13

I am aware that this is connected to some issues of the program to use available memory, but when I checked it only uses a tiny fraction of ram available on my system. Also I tried to assign more ram but still it won't run. Im on:
Windows 10 64bit with a AMD Ryzen 1700 processor and 32GB ram. Has anyone encountered similar issues? I hope someone can help me to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Trevor

Re: Error: StackOverflowException / RasGeomWriter.exe Exit Code = -1073741571

Ankit Gupta
Please check the 2D Flow Area Elements limit values in the 2D Flow Areas dialog box. Probably those are set to 0 (0=Off). You have to change them or set them to the minimum value "0.01".

Thanks

Re: Error: StackOverflowException / RasGeomWriter.exe Exit Code = -1073741571

GUILLERMO
Trevor, did you find the solution? I have the same problem.
Regards,