Error creating terrain: Value was either too large or too small

Error creating terrain: Value was either too large or too small

CraigL
Hi I get the following error when creating a terrain file: Error creating terrain: Value was either too large or too small for a Single. Can anyone provide me with advice on what the error means and how it could be resolved? Thanks Craig

Re: Error creating terrain: Value was either too large or too small

Craig
The issue was due to exporting data in 64 rather than 32 bit in the geotiff.

Re: Error creating terrain: Value was either too large or too small

Ski907
I've also had the same issue when exporting lidar derived DEMs from ArcMap with NoData values with really large exponents that are something like -1.2e308. When I clip them down, there is an option to set the NoData value to something smaller in magnitude i.e. -100 and they come in fine.