Error getting interpolation surface - arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Error getting interpolation surface - arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

CraigJariz
Hello

I'm running a series of cross-sections in steady-flow using the HEC-RAS Controller ( updating the geometry and flow files each time, the book was very helpful), with the goal being to get Water Surface Elevations for a given flow condition. About 2/3 of the cross-sections process just fine, but about 1/3 throw an error during the steady-state computation. Image attached.

What I'm seeing

I have no idea why this is happening, because I'm using the same processes that I use to process hundreds of other cross-sections with similar layouts, numbers of station/elevation points, etc. I have tried running it outside of the automated process as well as running it on a different computer, and I get the same results.

If anyone wants to poke through it, I've attached the geometry, flow, plan, and project files for this specific cross-section. If you can figure out why it's throwing that error, I'm all ears. I desperately need to figure this out for work and could sincerely use the help.

DefaultXSec.g02
DefaultXSec.f02
DefaultXSec.p03
DefaultXSec.prj

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error getting interpolation surface - arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

cameron
You have two cross-sections that are super close together (reach length of 1), but if you open it in HEC-RAS, the extents are crazy and probably is the issue.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error getting interpolation surface - arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

CraigJariz
I figured it out.

I'm using the methods described in the breaking the HEC-RAS Code book to create the geometry files. For each cross-section I'm processing I copy from a "baseline" file and update it appropriately. When copying new station/elevation data into the updated file, I was dropping a few of the points but since the #Sta/Elev wasn't updated it was looking for points that didn't exist.
Loading...