Error while creating new terrain in RAS Mapper

Error while creating new terrain in RAS Mapper

Janice Bell
I am attempting to create a new terrain in RAS Mapper based on a GeoTiff file that I created using a surface in Civil3D and and receiving the following error listed below.  What causes this error?

Computation Task                                                                 |   hh:mm:ss
Importing 1 of 1: EG_COMP_LIDAR_WW.tif
Step 1 of 4: Translating to GeoTiff and reprojecting...
ERROR 1: Translating source or target SRS failed:

Step 1 of 4: Translating to GeoTiff and reprojecting...                          |          0
Error creating Terrain: `C:\Users\janicek\Desktop\ExstCondTerrain.EG_COMP_LIDAR_WW.tif' does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

Cleaning up files...

Re: Error while creating new terrain in RAS Mapper

cameron
does the terrain file have two decimals in it?

Re: Error while creating new terrain in RAS Mapper

Janice
Do you mean are the elevations rounded to two decimals?  I don't have any options that I can see when I export my surface in Civil3D to a DEM for that sort of a setting.

Re: Error while creating new terrain in RAS Mapper

cameron
The file name looked like it had two periods in it.

Re: Error while creating new terrain in RAS Mapper

Abbz
Did anyone figure out how to resolve this issue?