Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

srvibhakar
Error Messeage

At the time of importing hec-ras data to arc-gis with the help of RAS Mapping toolbar,I get the following error when I press Ok "Unrecognised projection factory code value" ; "at ESRI.APWR.GISXDE.ImporterFormat.Transform2GDBXml(XmlReader source)" ; "at ESRI.APWR.GISXDE.GDEImporter.Import(XmlReader source, GDEImportFormat format,WSConnectionParams connParams)"
Please help me solve this error.

And on a different note,when I try to run my model in HEC-RAS 5.0 I get a  message that "XS interpolation surfaces not stored".
then it says "Recomputing XS interpolation surfaces" and then the process stops. Please help me overcome this problem at the earliest

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

cameron
Do you have a projection set up in ArcMap before you try to import?

As for the second message about XS interpolation surfaces not stored, that is normal message.  are there any other messages?

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

srvibhakar
Hi cameron

Solved the importing error ,thanks to you.Changed the projection and it works fine now.

Again thank you.

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

emtithal
Hi At the time of importing hec-ras data to arc-gis with the help of RAS Mapping toolbar,I get the following error when I press Ok

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

jadams
There is no image to show the error.

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

emtithal

I'm very sory ,
the image dont insert

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

jadams
Are you working on a networked drive?  If so that may be causing the error.  ArcMap/GeoRAS sometimes has problems creating databases or items on a networked drive.

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

emtithal
Thank you for your help
I work on C drive which contain the program arc gis. Also, contain network program such as firefox
Butbut, i don't know which drive i have work
If you havr another cause please tell me i need help nesessary
Thanks

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

jadams
Try this.  Copy your xml file for backup purposes.  Now open the original file with a text editor.  Once open delete all the numbers behind the decimal point (including the decimal point) on the spatial extent line.

If this doesn't work make sure you have no spaces in the geodatabase name or the file path location.  I have had this trip up the creation routine before.

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

emtithal
I'm very very thanks Mr. jadams
the problem have solved
I change the name with out numbers then the program work

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

Arun
I am also face the same error..please help me and explain the path to solve this problem.....

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

Jigme
Exactly the same problem to me now. Would you please tell me the procedure how you have solved it.
Thank u

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

disha
yes. projection WGS 1984

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

khadija
 the same error..please help me and explain the path to solve this blem
if can you help me and write me to my gmail box diani.khadija@gmail.com
thank you very much in advance it's veru urgent.

Re: Error while importing HEC-RAS data to ARC-GIS

Reeti
Can you tell me what projection you used in transforming?