Export cross sections to csv

12

Export cross sections to csv

Mike
Is it possible to export cross sections to  a Csv or a textfile.
Is it possible to export xs cut lines table for all cross sections in one go?

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP
Mike,
I wrote a VBA program in Excel, using HECRASCONTROLLER, to export RAS geometry.

You can download it from:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B8cmLbSQW_RiNlV4S1JQVXlHQzg

Let me know if it can help.

Paolo Polo

Re: Export cross sections to csv

Mohand
Hi there, the download link does not work

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP

Re: Export cross sections to csv

Mohand
Thank you and it is working

Re: Export cross sections to csv

Anouk
Dear Paolo,

I would also like to export my cross sections in .scv format. Your Excel sheet looks really convenient. Unfortunately I need a password to unprotect the file and to be able to work with it. Can you maybe help me out.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP

Re: Export cross sections to csv

wellman
Hey Paolo you are the best!!!! It worked like a charmed.

I just have a curiosity, the cut lines coordinates I'm getting for the cut lines are something like this: 405681.44, 2047507.63 I tried to look for info about them in the Manual but didn't find anything. WHat coordinate system is this? How can I have this coordinate in UTM?

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP
Wellman,
where have you found those coordinates?
Paolo

Re: Export cross sections to csv

Wellman
In the Geometry editor>GIS Tools>XS Cut Lines Table

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP
Ok, but in what model?

In the previous post I gave only an excel file with a VBA Application, without any data.

Paolo

Re: Export cross sections to csv

Wellman
Ohh maybe this was the wrong place for this question. It is not strictly about your excel dear Paolo but more of a general question. This coordinates appears in a project I'm working on. I didn't add the geometry to the project. Everything works fine inside Hec ras, but now I've been required to deliver the geometry of the HEc Ras porject in Civil 3d and georeferenced. That's why I'm asking about the coordinate system. I know the geometry is georeferenced, but I cant figure in what coordinate system. If you need more clarification in order to help me, please ask.

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP
Could be UTM, but in which part of the globe the model is?

Re: Export cross sections to csv

Wellman
Yeah! they are UTM... they are in the Dominican Republic! Thanks for your help!

Re: Export cross sections to csv

gerar200
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP
You have to follow the instruction in the sheet "Installation".

You must do it every time you update RAS deleting the previous version.

PaoloP

Re: Export cross sections to csv

George
Hi Paolo,

Any of the links above are working, could you update them or send me the file please?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP
You can download it from https://www.m3eweb.it/products/

Re: Export cross sections to csv

Nana
hello, how can i use this sheet, it give me error while opining the project.

Re: Export cross sections to csv

PaoloP
What's the problem exactly? Could you post a screenshot of error? Could you share your project?

PaoloP
12