Exporting Velocity

Brianna
Hello,
I am a first time user, I have set up a 2D flow area to model flooding in a coastal/bay area. I have created the mesh/geometry and ran the unsteady flow analysis, but now I am trying to export velocity data from different areas of the model. Whenever I export velocity through the results map on RAS Mapper, the data is all zeroes. How should I go about exporting velocity to actually get data?
All help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

Re: Exporting Velocity

cameron
are you trying to save the velocities as a raster or something else?  You can set HEC-RAS to save out the Vx and Vy and each cell node and use that data in GIS or other software.

Re: Exporting Velocity

Brianna
How do you save the Vx and Vy? That would be perfect for what I am trying to do. Thank you for the reply.

Re: Exporting Velocity

cameron
in the Options|Output Options|HDF5 Write Parameters window you can check a box for it to write velocity data at the face node locations.

The data will be saved in the hdf file for the plan (*.p01.hdf).

Re: Exporting Velocity

Brianna
Ok, but how do I export the hdf? I tried managing results on the ras mapper, but the velocity has no data. Please let me know. Again, thanks for the help!