Froude number too low

crauc
This post was updated on .
Hi,

As you can see on the image below, on the cross section P5, the water level is rising. The Froude number is very low (0.19) and the velocity in the channel is close to 0.6 m/s.
I don't understand why, because the section is almost the same along the river and Manning's n Values are the same for all the cross sections.
I tried by deleting the cross section P5, it means I delete the step in the profil. The water level came back to normal.

Profil

Do you have an idea to slove my problem ?

I think it's a problem of bed slope, but I don't know how to solve it. It seems impossible for me that the water level came to this level and the velocity so low.

The model is available in the file below.
Thank you for you help !

Camille

eau_vive.zip

Re: Froude number too low

Keith M
Hi Crauc,

I downloaded and ran the model without making any changes and the results show the WSE at P5 at critical depth (EL 388.60). The profile included in your post shows the WSE to be at (or near) the EGL.  I'm not sure what this difference is related to.  I'm using  Version 5.0.3.

Re: Froude number too low

crauc
I am sorry for the late answer. Thank you for your reply.
It seems I had a problem with levees. I have solved it !

Thank you again.