HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

Steph
Hi!
I have only done a few simple unsteady state models in the past and I am now attempting to use 2D Flow areas with HEC RAS 5.0. When I run my model I get "Output DSS File ""My project file location\ProjectName.dss"" does not exist" I thought HEC-RAS was supposed to create this for me? I also tried to create a blank dss file in the folder but when I do that there are no results for post processing.

Any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!

-Steph

Re: HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

Andrea
I had the same error,
can anybody help me?

I have downloaded 5.0.1 version

cheers

Re: HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

bora
Hi Steph,

I am having the same error. I was wondering if you were able to solve that one and how? Thanks.

Re: HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

Elin Hønsi
I just took an old dss file and copied it to the correct folder and renamed it. Then I ran an simulation and used the HEC-DSSVue to delete all the records that didn't belong to this project.
And that worked! It seems like it is not able to create a new dss file.

Re: HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

Bradley
Hi has anyone been able to resolve this, having the same issue running HEC-RAS 5.0.1? The below Fix doesn't work as I do not have an initial DSS file to rename

Re: HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

cameron
You can create a DSS file if you do not have one.  There is the DSS software from the HEC website.

Re: HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

am.nieto2956
Hello!

I solved it by changing on the country and language in my computer. I set "english" and "united states"

Re: HEC-RAS - Output DSS File does not exist

jahwi_m
Hi Steph I have the same error with the DSS file. I don't have other one so I can't use it and rename it like someone say, also I tried changing the settings to US but it doesn't work..... So could you solved it?