HEC-RAS controller - can you store output files in memory rather than writing to disk?

HEC-RAS controller - can you store output files in memory rather than writing to disk?

Rachel
I am looking at running HEC-RAS within another water systems modelling tool. The model runs on a daily time step, and each time step we need to transfer inputs to HEC-RAS then read the outputs. There is likely to be a fair bit of overhead in writing and reading the HEC-RAS output files to and from disk. To improve performance, is there a way to avoid writing the HEC-RAS outputs to disk, and just store them in memory?!