HEC-RAS results output

MRF

HEC-RAS results output

MRF
Hi.

I’m new to HEC-RAS and just currently chipping away at the user manual preparing a 2d flood model.
What I am wanting to know is, how are people presenting their data results say in QGIS for example from the finished model?

Two issues I’d be keen to understand how people handle:

1. How are people exporting (flood depth for example) from HEC-RAS for import into QGIS? I can only see the option through the “results map” to create a static DEM based on raster terrain?  Obviously looses the ability to animate in QGIS. Is there another way?

2. RAS Mapper shows the flood boundary quite well. Reading the user manual, HEC-RAS doe this dynamically, to smooth our boundaries. Is there a way to export this “smoother” boundary to import into QGIS? There can be quite a difference for a small-scale flood map if the whole cell is coloured.

Thanks!

Re: HEC-RAS results output

Luis Partida
Right click the results output title in ras mapper. Select add new results layer. From this you can select the different options on how to export. Whether this be a raster based on terrain  or polygon boundary. You can select the time step specificly or "max profiles"

Once the map is created and you select "add map"...back in ras mapper, right click the new results map you just added and select "compute/update stored maps"

Names may be a little diff but that will get you what you need
MRF

Re: HEC-RAS results output

MRF
Thanks Luis