HEC-RAS water quality modeling

Nogar_
Hi! I am modeling the dispersion of a conservative arbitrary substance. I have noticed that the results are extremely dependent on the size of the water quality cells/distance between my XSs.

With large distances between the XSs the results do not make any sense.

Using a very fine grid, such as 2 m or 1 m spacing, the results seem to make sense when compared to the analytical solution for a simple case. But still, the dispersion coefficient will vary depending on the spacing of the XSs (e.g. 2, 1.5, and 1 m).

Is this normal?

I was expecting that at some point my results would converge and become independent from the size of the water quality cells.

Thanks!