How do I import observed cross-section data into HEC-RAS or HEC-geoRas without drawing it?

How do I import observed cross-section data into HEC-RAS or HEC-geoRas without drawing it?

Amarnath
I have observed cross-section data of large river(Example shown below), for a distance of 100km length and cross-section taken at every 30m distance across the river.
SI.No RD (m) level (m)
1           0       54.145
2         30       47.845
3         60       37.085
4         90       29.935
5        120       24.695
6        150       23.085...
                                                 etc
Can anyone please tell me, how do I use this data in HEC-RAS or HEC-geoRAS, without actually drawing the cross-section

Re: How do I import observed cross-section data into HEC-RAS or HEC-geoRas without drawing it?

Chad Ballard
You can import the data into HEC-RAS if you have a .csv file (Geometry Editor -> File Menu -> Import Geometry Data -> CSV (Comma Seperated Value) Format). There is a Station-Elevation Format supported (which your data looks to be in) so you need a .csv file with the following columns: "River", "Reach", "RS (River Station)", "Station", "Elevation".
Chad Ballard
chad.ballard@mbakerintl.com

Re: How do I import observed cross-section data into HEC-RAS or HEC-geoRas without drawing it?

Amarnath
Thank you for your time.

I did import the data from CSV as suggested by you.

After I import my data , its showing that "None of XS's are geo-referenced. How do I geo-refer my data, if I am importing as Station-Elevation format.
As i have cross-sections at every 2 km (of total around 100km river length), it would be TDS to locate X, Y coordinates at every cross-section.

Re: How do I import observed cross-section data into HEC-RAS or HEC-geoRas without drawing it?

Chad Ballard
You cannot with just the "Elevation-Station" format. You are not passing in enough information into HEC-RAS to georeference. You would have to use the "X,Y,Z Format" option to georeference. In what format do you have the data?
Chad Ballard
chad.ballard@mbakerintl.com

Re: How do I import observed cross-section data into HEC-RAS or HEC-geoRas without drawing it?

Amarnath
I have data in excel format..(exactly as Shown below)
River   Reach   RS     X      Y     Elevation
God_1 R1   68000                             54.145
God_1 R1   68000             47.845
God_1 R1   68000             37.085
God_1 R1   68000              29.935

SO onnnn,,,,,

So I need to mention X Y co-ordinates to all corresponding elevations??
I have lot more Cross-sections and elevation distance(Each Cross-section has around 200 points) Can you Please suggest me any easy/alternate way to do that????