How to create a long and curve culvert in Hec-RAS 5.0.3 (1D)

How to create a long and curve culvert in Hec-RAS 5.0.3 (1D)

b.timmermann

Hello everybody,

I have to create a curvy 200 meter circular culvert. First I created cross sections with lids, but I don´t know how I should continue. How can I create a circular shape in the lidded cross sections? Would it be possible?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: How to create a long and curve culvert in Hec-RAS 5.0.3 (1D)

Keith M
I have created smooth arch shapes by first drawing the conduit (in section view) to scale in AutoCAD. Each grip (vertices) used to define the conduit section is automatically assigned an x and y coordinate in the drawing. These coordinates can be used as the stationing and elevations for the lid.  For a round shape, the bottom half of the conduit could be defined in the cross section geometry and the top half in the lid editor.

When drawing the conduit section in AutoCAD, it is helpful to match the coordinates to the elevation/stationing used in the model. For example, if the conduit shape should begin at Sta 100 and EL 250, start the section in CAD at x = 100 and y = 250. Otherwise you will have to adjust the coordinates.