Interact with intermediate variable during the run

Interact with intermediate variable during the run

shen
Hello all, I was wondering whether it is possible to interact with model (e.g. get and set input variables or get output variables) WHILE the model is running, through HECRAS Controller. I checked the API functions and do not see find such a function.

Alternatively, can I use hotstart file and set model simulation duration for a very short period (say 1 min) and keep rolling with hotstart file until the end of simulation? However, I am not sure whether the hotstart file is designed for such application. In other words, if I break my duration 10 hours into 5 sections or 50 sections using hotstart file, will the final results be exactly the same? I guess it depends on whether the RAS model uses previous step results for calculation for next time step. Could anyone kindly comment on this?

Thank you for your inputs.

Hailiang

Re: Interact with intermediate variable during the run

shen
Just following up on this post. Anyone who has performed a similar task and can share your experiences?

With my best regards,

Hailiang