Inundation Extent Shapefile

tstephe9
Currently I am running HEC-RAS in Monte-Carlo mode using VBA thanks to Breaking the HEC-RAS code and all the great information on this site. However, I was wondering if anyone had experience obtaining a shapefile or raster of the water surface boundary within a coding framework. Due to the large number of simulations, it is not feasible to manually save each shapefile to disk.

I have explored reading in the .hdf files and outside of using model builder and HEC-GeoRAS, I have not come to any solutions as to obtaining a polygon or raster of water surface extents in a coding framework.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have any experience with this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Inundation Extent Shapefile

xinyi
I have the same question with a further one. Even assuming I somehow managed to import the polygon into Ras Mapper, I also imported break lines to enhance the grid resolution somewhere in the domain. Then I will have some error grids who are facing more than 8 other grids. In GUI, it is easy to click the inside of the grid to divide it into two. But which function can be used to automatically fulfill this function?