Lateral structure extends past last cross section

Lateral structure extends past last cross section

SimR
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I'm having some issues with a 1D-2D model with lateral structures following the 1D model banks.
One of my lateral structures produces an error that I haven't been able to correct.

For the Lateral Structure at
JCDS            18647.01
there is an error with the model data.
If the LS extends past the last cross section in the reach,
Shorten the LS or adjust the User Specified Intersections.

The model was built using HEC-GeoRAS and the lateral structure downstream end was originally snapped on the end of the Xsection line. I've moved it a bit upstream of the last Xsection to try and correct this problem but the same error message persists. I also added a section downstream to see if it would fix the issue but it does not.

There are 3 other lateral structures in the model that have been built using the same procedure and none of them produce this error message so I'm not too sure what's wrong with it.

Re: Lateral structure extends past last cross section

Lonnie A
Check your 1D reach lengths and if you are connecting it to the end of the XS or at the bank. If you look at the HW/TW connection tables in the lateral editor it should help tip you off on what is happening. Sometimes how RAS computes where the 1D intersects the geospatial lateral is off and you have to realign the ends of the XS so that it'll not compute an incorrect intersection point.