Lateral structure problem

dalmatino16
Hi, I have a strange problem. Trying to model a 2D  floodplain area, so at the end of the cross sections along the reach I have a lateral structure which over tops the lateral weir  and then  the 2D area floods. What is strange is that a huge discharge (and volume) comes back from the 2D area back into the river. So the Flow HW DS is much bigger than the Flow HW US, while I expected it to be smaller. Also, the weir flow is dominantly  negative which means the 2D area is  feeding the river, and huge.  It doesn`t make sense. Especially since the difference between the Flow HW DS and Flow HW US doesn`t match the Flow leaving. Please look at the images attached. Is it a bug or I am doing something wrong? Best regards.

Re: Lateral structure problem

dalmatino16
I tested it with exactly the same model except the 2D area was replaced with the storage area. The lateral structure works fine then. Any ideas why it messes up in combo with 2D area?