Lateral structure-weir problem

Dario
When I try to run the unsteady flow simulation, the following error occurs:

"-Weir must not extend beyond the last XS of a reach"

I checked everything in my model and I don`t think its the case. I attached the link to the screenshot where its shown that there is a gap between the last XS and the lateral structure/weir. Any ideas what might be the problem?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxN8lArsLB99SXVYZld2aGF0SlE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

cameron
what about the downstream end?

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Dario
Thanks, that seemed to have been the problem. The error message was confusing since it referred to the last section of the reach, while the problem was with what I think of as the first XS of the reach.

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

esclyde
My problem is similar, but different.  I am running a 2D only model, but get the following error message.

For the Lateral weir at station
in reach                  in river
the user specified intersection for weir stationing versus river station
is not in numerical order.  Please check your data.
Error Accepting the preprocessor files.

There are no lateral weirs, but there are a number of interior weir connections representing levees.

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Juan
Hi Dario, I have the same problem, How did you solved?

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Oulaphone
I have the sane problem. How to edit the lateral structure data?

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Lonnie A
I see this error often if the last cell the lateral is connected to extends beyond the last XS.  You need to either edit the mesh so the cell doesn't straddle the last XS or shorten the lateral.

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Oulaphone O
Dear Mr Lonnie A, Thank you very much. It worked

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Oulaphone O
I have other problem when I used detailed data the cross section has Manning's n values over a limitation. Are there any tools to reduce a number of n values in cross section?

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Nordino Muaievela
Hello,
I have this problem

Does someone knows how to overcome it?
MW

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

MW
Hi Lonnie A

My model doesn't contain any 1D elements, it consists of a 2D flow area but I still get this same error message.
As such, I can't adjust the lateral structure to any XS.

Any recommendations as to how I might solve this?

Thanks!

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Keith M
In 2D models this error can be related to how the SA/2D connection is drawn planimetrically. I have found that the left and right verticies cannot overlap the faces of the adjacent cells. If this is the case in your model, try moving the vertex so that it just touches the cell face rather than overlap it.

Keith

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Reuben
I've noticed that I'll get that error if the "Weir Length" is greater than the "Centerline Length" for a georeferenced lateral structure. Check that, and then you might need to go to the weir profile and set the last point in there to just less than the computed "Centerline Length" of the weir.

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Riano
Your weir is either too short or too long with respect to the centerline. This can happen when editing the weir stations, the editor may shorten your weir elevation points. This seems to be a bug. Use an earlier version of the weir to capture the stations. so that the length of the weir is now where it needs to be (close to the centerline length). In my case, the weir was long enough that even a 0.5% of the centerline lengths put me beyond one of my cross-sections.

Re: Lateral structure-weir problem

Kevin G
The error I get in HEC-RAS 5.05 is:

HEC-RAS Error - Incomplete data, the following errors were found:
River: "Summer Creek"   Reach: "ST1 to ST2"   RS:21441.9  LS
     - Lateral Structure is set to apply 'User' defined intersections, but no intersections were specified.

I fixed this error by opening and running the model in RAS Version 4.1.0.

I suggest editing the model in 5.0.5, then running in 4.1.0.

- KG