Looking for advice and direction to start learning HEC-RAS

Looking for advice and direction to start learning HEC-RAS

New HEC-RAS User
I am a young engineer and I am very motivated to learn HEC-RAS. However, I could use some advice or direction on where to get started. Does anyone have a good tutorial/introduction video or any other good sources to get started with? I have checked youtube but the videos seem to be all over the place and it's hard to determine which are good for a beginner.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for advice and direction to start learning HEC-RAS

Luis Partida
Pay for the tutorial classes. There are multiple offered...but mine is by far the best one :)

Re: Looking for advice and direction to start learning HEC-RAS

New HEC-RAS User
Not exactly the response I was hoping for. Nonetheless, still a valuable option. Can you provide info for your course (a link, cost, etc) please?

Re: Looking for advice and direction to start learning HEC-RAS

Jake G
The HEC-RAS User's Manual (Chapter 4) provides a nice step-by-step explanation for creating a 1-D steady flow model.  HEC-RAS also comes with a good Applications Guide along with example projects you can install.  Of course, once you're ready to move on to 2-D modeling, you can follow the 2-D Modeling User's Manual.

Good luck,
Jake G.

Re: Looking for advice and direction to start learning HEC-RAS

Luis Partida
I would need more info because it would not be economical to teach a class for one employee. However, the creator of this forum Chris Goodell, he works for a company called WEST Consultants. They have multiple classes on it just google it. I went to one when the 2D version just got out of beta...it was ok...just ok..a little basic