Modeling culvert 2D Area

Romain
This post was updated on .
Hi,
I'm intenting to model a culvert in a 2D area. I used a SA/2D area connection with a weir and a culvert, turn the cell faces with "enforce internal connection". All seem good but when i run i have this error:

"For the Hydraulic Structure in 2D area 2d there is an error with the model data.
The weir station/elevation extends too far beyond the last face point (face intersection).
Shorten the weir stationing or adjust the cell mesh
Error Accepting the preprocessor files."

I try to reduce de lenght of the weir but i have always this error...

Someone has an issue?

Thanks

Re: Modeling culvert 2D Area

Keith M
I recently had the same error and also found that adjusting the weir stationing in the SA/SD area connection editor did not correct the problem.  The error appears to be related to how the SA/2D connection is drawn planimetrically. In my case, the right most vertex of the connection was slightly overlapping the adjacent cell. Moving the vertex so that it just touched the face of the cell solved the problem.

Keith

Re: Modeling culvert 2D Area

Romain
Perhaps I don't understand but when you have drawn your SA/2D connection and you apply the "enforce internat connection as breakline" option, the vertex just touch the face of the cell...

Re: Modeling culvert 2D Area

Keith M
It would make sense that using the enforce breakline tool would properly align the connection stations with the adjacent cells.  However, I initially used this tool as well, but problem still occurred.  The only way I found to fix this was to manually move the points using the editor function.

Re: Modeling culvert 2D Area

Romain
In my case the "SA/2D connection" doesn't overlapp a cell...

Re: Modeling culvert 2D Area

Toby
I recently had this problem too, but was able to correct it with the brealkine enforcement tool.  Is your breakline cell spacing different than the mesh?  Maybe try and change the cell spacing (maybe larger?) and see if it works.

Re: Modeling culvert 2D Area

Romain
I tryed but it doesn't work, bigger and smaller cells than the mesh.

Re: Modeling culvert 2D Area

Romain
With the option "Check Data Before Execution" it seems fonctionning...