Modelling a bridge having multi-column piers, pile bents and single wall pier?

Modelling a bridge having multi-column piers, pile bents and single wall pier?

Duc Ng
I am trying to model several bridges along a river section of 16 km running through an urban area. There are total 9 bridges and 1 railway bridges crossing the river, some have multi-column piers, pile bents and single wall pier run along the .

HEC-RAS allows to model a bridge with set(s) of twin piers upstream and downstream. Another option is to model it as a culvert with some barrels; the barrel wall acts as a pier of the bridge. Another way that I know is to model a pier as a blocked obstruction.
Is there any other way to model a bridge having those types of piers?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Cheers,
Duc

Re: Modelling a bridge having multi-column piers, pile bents and single wall pier?

Luis Partida
Cross sections with lids

Re: Modelling a bridge having multi-column piers, pile bents and single wall pier?

Duc Ng
It would be an option for large bridges.  I have some foot- and railway bridges to modeling that have 1.3 - 2m width (in the flow direction) and multi-pile trestle bent, so adding some cross section with very small spacing may not the good option as this can result in errors and instabilities.
As the manual does't discuss those bridge piers in details, only one solution that is feasible for me is to increase Drag coefficient Cd and Yarnell K's coefficient, e.g. Cd=2 & K=2.5 and select the Opt. Highest Energy Method.