New Terrain option doesn't work

Paul Bakke
I have been trying to develop a new terrain in RAS Mapper (HEC-RAS version 5.0.3), from a grid file I created in Surfer (from topographic survey data). When I click on Tools/New Terrain, I get this error message:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component of your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
The path is not of a legal form."
When I click "Continue, I can navigate to the grid file, but when I select it, I get another error:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component of your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
No row can be added to a DataGridView control that does not have columns.  Columns must be added first."
This happens whether the grid file is created as ASC Arc/Info Binary Grid (*.adf), FLT ESRI Float Format (*.flt), or ASC Arc/Info ASCII Grid (*.grd).

I feel totally frustrated. Any ideas of how to proceed would be most welcome.

Re: New Terrain option doesn't work

Alessandro
I have exactly the same problem, even when I try to load the example terrain models from the hec example set...

Re: New Terrain option doesn't work

Alessandro
Just fixed it: you simply need to create a project before loading a new terrain model ;)

Re: New Terrain option doesn't work

Fred
Hey Thanks!