Oscillations that resolve themselves

DS_ras
Hello, I am running a 2D dam breach scenario. It's a small dam, peak breach flow is about 2000cfs. About 2 hours post dam breach, I am seeing some small oscillations in breach flow on the order of +/-5cfs. These oscillations resolve themselves after a few minutes. I've checked the computation log files and my volumes are only about 0.4% error.

Since the oscillation are small and resolve themselves, the model runs to completion, and volume check is okay, are these oscillations acceptable? Or are they indicative that the entire model is bad?

Thanks

Re: Oscillations that resolve themselves

cameron
I probably wouldn't worry about them if they are that small as the error from the uncertainty in breach parameters and breach hydrograph is probably a lot higher.