Possible to resume calculations after error?

Possible to resume calculations after error?

Anne de Graaf
My HEC-RAS model threw an error yesterday when it lost the connection to the server where the model files are stored.

It created a restart file after the error; is it possible to resume my calculations using this file or in any other way?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Possible to resume calculations after error?

Scott Miller
Give it a try by choosing the quick start file where you would set the initial conditions. Choose a start time that makes sense for your computation and output intervals. Restart the model under a new plan, because there will be output only for the remaining period.

I find it preferable to model locally, on a C: drive or peripheral hard drive, in order to reduce bottlenecks that affect computation speed. Doing so also eliminates the potential to lose a server connection.

Re: Possible to resume calculations after error?

Anne de Graaf
Thank you for your response Scott.

The issue is that this way I don't get any results from before the error, and I need those too..

I'll take a look again at the possibilities for storing the files locally, thank you for the tip.