RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

glyons
I am having trouble creating a polyline in RAS Mapper for this data set.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uf1bojtr8yhfwn/HEC-RAS.zip?dl=0

In RAS Mapper I am right clicking on Results-->Manage Map Results.
Under Plan 01 I select Add New Map.

I am wanting to plot out an inundation boundary for the 02JUN2017 03:00:00 profile using polygon boundary at value option.

For some reason, that I just cannot fathom, it will not create comes up map not created.

I have also tried Depth-->poly at bdy
and WSE-->poly at bdy.

Also tried highlighting row and clicking on Compute/Update Stored Maps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

Chad Ballard
Not sure why it is not working tried create the map on my current project and it worked. You do need to highlight and "Compute/Update Stored Maps" but I was able to export as a shp or KMZ file.

While I tried the process with your files I ran into the same problem that you are experiencing. Not sure why my files are working and yours are not but a workaround might be to export the Depth or WSE data into AcrGIS and use the "Raster Domain" tool.
Chad Ballard
chad.ballard@mbakerintl.com

Re[2]: RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

glyons
Thanks for the response Chad,
Unfortunately I do not have ARCGIS so needed it imported into Autocad as a polyline.
In the end I have just screen captured the image, aligned and traced over.

Regards
Grant     Lyons

Re: Re[2]: RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

cameron
You could have opened it in QGIS (which is free) and converted the depth grid to a polygon.

Re: RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

Lonnie A
I've helped a colleague who was having the same issue.  I couldn't find any issue with the model but noticed that their terrain surface has a odd cell resolution of something like 6.562 so I resampled to a 5x5 and ran the model against that surface and it worked fine.

Even if your surface doesn't have a odd cell resolution you might try resampling it to see if that clears it up.  Most likely it is terrain related I'm betting.

Re[2]: RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

glyons
Thanks for the direction, I'll see if I can figure out something that will work for me based on the info above

Cheers

Grant

Re: Re[2]: RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

Riley
I am having the same issue. I resampled my terrain in GIS and still did not solve it. Exporting to a shapefile works in v4.1.0 but not v.5.0.3. When I exported in v.4.1.0, the WSE was somewhat pixelated. Also, using the Raster Domain tool created a very pixelated boundary as well. The shapefile in v4.1.0 was much better.

Any fix to getting this to work in the new version? RAS mapper makes it too easy to map the floodplain but yet impossible to export that out to GIS.

Re: RAS Mapper - Map Polyline boundary not creating

Grant
I think I figured it out and now have it working.
My 2D area boundary condition for the outlet had more that 2 nodes, once I altered it to only have two nodes I can now create a polyline and export to SHP file.