RasMapper deletes .exe

Michael Pantell
Has anyone had the issue of RasMapper deleting RasMapper.exe or PipeServer.exe when using web imagery or creating .hdf files? this has been an odd bug that I have seen on our Windows 10 Comptuers in the office. Ras mapper will crash over and over again and then finally it one of those .exe files get deleted. I've had to manually deny write access to those files to keep them from getting deleted but Mapper keeps crashing.

Re: RasMapper deletes .exe

Eli IM
Hi! I'm also experiencing a similar problem. when I downloaded HEC RAS 5.0.4 Rasmapper won't even start, no matter how many times I install and uninstall hec-ras, .netFramework and C++ redist. even though I have WIN7 X64Bit.

Re: RasMapper deletes .exe

Khy Lay Ly
Yeah I have the same problem. I install and re-install HEC-RAS 5.0.4 then 5.0.5 no matter what I did RAS Mapper won't even open. It's so frustrating so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: RasMapper deletes .exe

Ramiro
I have the same problem. I think it has to do with compatibility of some version of NET framework, but I have not been able to solve it. Help!

Re: RasMapper deletes .exe

cameron
reach out to HEC about this

Re: RasMapper deletes .exe

Michael Pantell
A couple of things:
1. My issue was resolved with 5.0.5.
2. the issue with 5.0.4 was likely TrendMicro
3. I fixed 5.0.4 by restricting read/write access to those files.

Also, did reach our HEC. They were very helpful but in the end we landed on it being TrendMicro.

Hopefully this helps.