Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

Márcio
Hello
Version 5.0.4 is not opening the RASmapper window, either in a new project or in a project imported from version 5.0.3.
No freezing, no error message, nothing. I tried to run HEC-RAS from the command prompt (ras.exe) expecting that some error message could show up but nothing appeared.
I'm using Windows 8.1.
Any clues or anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thank you,
Márcio

Re: Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

cameron
do you have a 32-bit system or 64-bit? the new mapper only works in 64-bit.

Re: Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

Eli IM
I am having exactly the same problem, I have Win7 64bit. I tried running it as administrator and compatibility mode, installing c++ redist and .Netframework but nothing helps. needless to say I'm still using 5.0.3 until someone figures this out.

Re: Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

Márcio
Hello Cameron, I'm using 64 bits. Thank you for the interest. The problem is now solved, at least in my case.

Hello Eli IM,
Yesterday I managed to make it run. There was a Microsoft patch to NET Framework that had not been installed yet (released on May 2018).
I guess it is a programmed system update to Windows 8.1.
But I find it strange that during HEC-RAS 5.0.4 installation, HEC-RAS itself installed some version of Net Framework (I guess it was 4.7.1), which I expected to be everything HEC would need on this matter.

I'm hoping that USACE will release a Linux Version some day.

Good luck with your version of Windows.

Re: Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

cupe2102
i had same error and don't know how to this, anyone had fixed this error pls help me too

Re: Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

Ramiro
What version of framework do you have installed to work?

Re: Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

Cupe2102
I use win7 64 bits and Net Framework 4.7.2

Re: Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

cupe2102
i had fixed it, you must update window 7 first and reinstall hec-ras again.

Re: Rasmapper window not opening in HEC-RAS 5.0.4

marcelo
are you update windows 7 with SP1?