Run Monte Carlo Simulations

Ashley
Hi, I am new to HEC-RAS 5.0. I currently have a 2D model for a river reach and its floodplain. Is it possible to run Monte Carlo simulations for Manning's roughness automatically in HEC-RAS controller? Or do it in Rstudio/Matlab? It would be truly helpful if you can provide some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Run Monte Carlo Simulations

Yes. You should be able to do what you want to do using the HECRASController with some code that reads/writes to the geometry text files. Evaluating 2D output will require you to read from the hdf files. Lots of information on the on the web. Suggest considering getting “Breaking the HEC-RAS Code” book if you haven’t already.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 15, 2018, at 6:56 PM, Ashley [via HEC-RAS Help] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I am new to HEC-RAS 5.0. I currently have a 2D model for a river reach and its floodplain. Is it possible to run Monte Carlo simulations for Manning's roughness automatically in HEC-RAS controller? Or do it in Rstudio/Matlab? It would be truly helpful if you can provide some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

http://hec-ras-help.1091112.n5.nabble.com/Run-Monte-Carlo-Simulations-tp5774.html
To start a new topic under HECRAS Controller, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from HECRAS Controller, click here.
NAML

Re: Run Monte Carlo Simulations

Ashley
Okay. Thanks so much.