Si Units Floodplain Delineation Using Raster Error

Si Units Floodplain Delineation Using Raster Error

Patel
Hello, I am using both Hec-GeoRas and HecRas to model flows. I have created my geometry files in ArcGIS, I am able to export and import completely fine between systems when I have set HecRAS to use US customary units. However when I run the exact same geometry but change the units to SI Units I am unable to run the ‘Floodplian Delineation Using Raster’ tool (in ArcGIS).
The error I get is:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMEException (0x80041098): ERROR 010151: No features found in the J:\November18\Plan\test\fdtemp.shp. Possible empty feature class. at SRI.ArcGIS.GoeAnalyst.RasterConversionOpClass.RasterDataToPolygonFeatureData (IGeoDataset dataset, IWorkspace pWorkspace, String name, Boolean weeding)
at HecGEORAS.clsMFloodGRIDIntersection.GridtoPolygon1(IRaster pRaster, IGeoDataset pGeoln, IWorkspace pWS, String sName, Boolean sWeeding)

Could someone please explain why this error is occurring
Thank You

Re: Si Units Floodplain Delineation Using Raster Error

syahirah
hye patel..did you get how to solve the error? because i had the same error as you had.

Re: Si Units Floodplain Delineation Using Raster Error

Romero
I had the same problem.  Found that if I am careful to keep everything in whatever units I am using in GIS - SI for instance - during the georas to ras ...ras to georas everything is fine.  The problem arises when you import the georas file into ras and allow it to convert to british units then try and go back to ras.

Another tidbit is that each time you generate the layer from the ras import file start a new folder each for each simulation.  Putting everything in the same folder, even as a subfolder, leads to conflicts.

Re: Si Units Floodplain Delineation Using Raster Error

Shiv
Can you please elaborate how to fix it.