Stations backwards?

Liz

Stations backwards?

Liz
Hello,

I am working on a research project and while I was successful on two other streams having done nothing different, I have one that is acting strange in HEC-RAS. I am using HEC-GeoRAS, and everything exports fine, but the direction of flow always appears to be reversed in HEC-RAS. I have used the two tools to reverse this: GIS Tools>Reach Invert Lines Table>Reverse Order, and this appears to make the stream direction flip but the analysis still turns out totally wrong either way the arrow is facing. It appears the station order is flipped, so the profile plots for steady flow analysis always look like a giant pool. There is a profile line headed down and right, but the entire space to the right of the line is filled with blue water.

So far I've tried messing with the flows and boundary conditions, I've re-drawn everything backwards and forwards and used flip line tools in GIS, I've used the "reverse XS Stationing and Cut Line Data" tool, but have not fixed this problem. I think it's something with the stationing? The highest station numbers are always downstream, with the lowest upstream, and I can't get those numbers to go in the opposite direction. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Liz

Re: Stations backwards?

Derek
in the geometry window you can right click and change the viewing options

you can show the reach direction and cross-section direction

cross-section direction should always be left to right - looking downstream

highest stations should be upstream, and decreasing going downstream

also double check that the profile of the reach invert is actually decreasing in elevation along the reach line

hope any of these help
Liz

Re: Stations backwards?

Liz
The cross sections are drawn left to right, but the river runs South to North making downstream at the top of the page... is this still the XS orientation I want?
Liz

Re: Stations backwards?

Liz
Also, the stationing is backwards with the highest downstream and lowest upstream, but I'm not sure how to change that. Any suggestions?

The profile of the reach invert is decreasing with main channel distance.

Re: Stations backwards?

gerardo

Hi.
try these sequences:
1) geometry data

2)gis tools
3)reach invert line table
4) reverse order

good luck
Any problem asks again

Re: Stations backwards?

gerardo
This post was updated on .
If your river runs from south to north, your XSs go from West to East

si tu rio corre de sur a norte , tus perfiles  van de Oeste a Este
Liz

Re: Stations backwards?

Liz
Unfortunately I tried this and it still doesn't work, the stations remain the same. However, is the text in the table supposed to turn red before you hit ok?

Re: Stations backwards?

gerardo
If you want, send me your file to gerardobenaglia@gmail.com. So I see how to help you.
Gerardo