Unrealistic vertical adjustment at Rinne 2.7

Unrealistic vertical adjustment at Rinne 2.7

Christoph
I have a problem withe my
Sediment Transport Analysis Version 4.1.0 Jan 2010.

When I want to compute the Sedimenttransport I always get the Error:

 "Unrealistic vertical adjustment at Rinne 2.7"

I can't find the problem for this.

Can please somebody help?

Thanks for your effort :-)

Re: Unrealistic vertical adjustment at Rinne 2.7

mpaudel
I am struggling with the same error message. Anyone seen this or figured out a way to resolve? Any help is appreciated.

Re: Unrealistic vertical adjustment at Rinne 2.7

There are so many potential causes for this error.  However, it is common for that error to happen when you have an abnormally large amount of deposition in a cross section.  This can occur if that cross section is much larger than adjacent cross sections, if ineffective flow areas and mobile bed limits are not properly defined, or if there is just something preventing sediment from passing through that cross section.  Check your cross sections.  Make sure you don't have a sudden decrease in velocity where the unrealistic change is happening.  If so, you may need to better define contraction and expansion through that reach by including and/or adjusting your ineffective flow areas.

Chris

Re: Unrealistic vertical adjustment

Katerina
Hello!

i have  the same problem now
i have checked allready width of all cross sections and they are almost the same
i have a problem at one certain cross section, but when i have done all this changes in this cross section the sediment analisys still doesn't work.

which other problems could be here?

thank you

Re: Unrealistic vertical adjustment

cameron
Does the slope change or ineffective area change near that cross-section?